1. Management turns off the router at night.
2. No way to reset the router, it is in a locked area.
3. The router only reaches the closest rooms.
4. The signal is shared by too many people, there is no bandwidth available because too many people are using.
5. There is only one router for the Hotel or Hostel.
6. Nobody know the password to the router, or maybe only the owner.
7. The Hotel says, we have 24 hour Free Internet --- Then they give you one-hour username and password slips of paper. You must request a new one when finished, therefore impossible to have 24 hour Internet because the reception is closed. November 2012 - Black and White Hotel - Koh Phangan Thaialand.
8. There is a gateway page that needs permission.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Improving WIFI with portable travel router the size of a usb stick
ASUS TRAVEL ROUTER WL-330NUL $30 to $40
weighs 17g. Re-broadcast wifi for all your devices.
1. Ethernet internet to wifi for all devices
2. Locate it where good wifi signal and it re-transmits wifi. about 20M. Needs usb power so use mini apple cube charger $3 or a battery bank charger. Router can be located on adjacent room/floor if power point and you get strong signal in your room.
If signal from wifi source good at window or other location , repeat and boost the wifi signal for all your devices anywhere in your room.
3. If paying for wifi in airport or hotel u are allowed only one log in. plug the asus into your usb port on laptop for power, thru your web browser log into the paid service thru the Asus, then you have wifi to all your devices. Great way to make friends sharing your wifi -:)
4. You have your own private network for sending files between devices, since your using a router you have another level of security on public networks.
5. Fancy ultrabooks and macbook airs do not have a Ethernet ports anymore, plug Ethernet cable into asus and asus into usb on laptop to act as adapter.
6. Use as a WIFI receiver ( Because laptops have a poor WIFI antenna around the screen ) just plug into usb port of laptop. Can also have usb extension cable to move asus to best reception spot and have laptop where u want.
7. Has a private and Guest signal password protected, configurable.
8. Released in 2013 by Asus that makes laptops. I purchased in May 2013 Reliable and works very well.
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
digitalnomadtraveler.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad