This is a WIFI router box, normally there will be a small antennae, the closer to this box the better the signal, but concrete wall will or can block the signal.Concrete wall are standard outside the USA or in most developing countries. 85 percent or more or the planet builds with concrete or brick.
Does WIFI go through concrete?
Yes, or maybe one wall or the door, so maybe you will have a connection.
What is the solutions to having a signal through concrete walls?
1. Check the number of bars, or you signal prior to renting a Hotel room.
2. Rent a room with an Ethernet wire.
This is an ethernet wire, many Hotels or Apartments will allow you to run an ethernet wire from the router box into your room as a solution to concrete problems.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Improving WIFI with portable travel router the size of a usb stick
With concrete walls u need place the asus to get the best signal, with apple laptops there is included software that graphs signal to noise ratio,so you see in real time as u walk around how strong the signal is and when it dips into the noise. There will be software for pcs too. More accurate than the signal strength in your tool bar. There is lots of software that displays signal strength and noise on your laptop so u can choose the strongest signal to log into when there are several routers to choose from.
ASUS TRAVEL ROUTER WL-330NUL $30 to $40
weighs 17g. Re-broadcast wifi for all your devices.
1. Ethernet internet to wifi for all devices
2. Locate it where good wifi signal and it re-transmits wifi. about 20M. Needs usb power so use mini apple cube charger $3 or a battery bank charger. Router can be located on adjacent room/floor if power point and you get strong signal in your room.
If signal from wifi source good at window or other location , repeat and boost the wifi signal for all your devices anywhere in your room.
3. If paying for wifi in airport or hotel u are allowed only one log in. plug the asus into your usb port on laptop for power, thru your web browser log into the paid service thru the Asus, then you have wifi to all your devices. Great way to make friends sharing your wifi -:)
4. You have your own private network for sending files between devices, since your using a router you have another level of security on public networks.
5. Fancy ultrabooks and macbook airs do not have a Ethernet ports anymore, plug Ethernet cable into asus and asus into usb on laptop to act as adapter.
6. Use as a WIFI receiver ( Because laptops have a poor WIFI antenna around the screen ) just plug into usb port of laptop. Can also have usb extension cable to move asus to best reception spot and have laptop where u want.
7. Has a private and Guest signal password protected, configurable.
8. Released in 2013 by Asus that makes laptops. I purchased in May 2013 Reliable and works very well.
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
digitalnomadtraveler.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad